2021 Remote ID Operation over People Night Rules Complete Review
This week, we discuss the much anticipated new FAA regulation. Learn about the new Remote ID regulation that will go into effect in 2021 along with the new set of rules for operation over people, operation at night, and remote pilot certificate renewal.
This is not an overview video, we will do a COMPLETE REVIEW of the almost 800 pages of final regulation released in December 2020. If you want to skip through the video to a specific topic, use this timeline:
2021 REMOTE ID REGULATION
09:20 Remote ID Introduction
12:32 Remote ID Definitions
14:40 Remote ID Overview
17:38 Who must comply
20:49 Method #1: Remote ID UAS
22:39 Message Elements
24:33 Operational Requirements
26:05 No More Network Requirement!
31:29 Method #2: Remote ID Module
33:00 Module Message Elements
35:43 Message Element details
38:37 The Ugly Side of Remote ID
42:19 Losing the broadcast signal
43:34 Method #3: FRIAs
46:08 Homebuilt UAS
48:47 Aircraft Kits
49:18 Label Requirements
59:28 Early Compliance
FLYING OVER PEOPLE REGULATION
1:04:27 Flying Over People
1:16:46 Sustained Flight Definition
1:18:16 Open Air Assembly Definition
1:20:37 MoC - DoC
1:22:45 Flying over Moving Vehicles
1:25:32 OOP Timeline
NIGHT FLYING & RECURRENT TRAINING
1:26:18 Night Flying and Recurrent Training
1:33:19 Other Part 107 changes
Short version: FAA executive summary:
Here's the full final ruling for Remote ID (470 pages):
Here's the final ruling for Flying over people (292 pages)
- Get your own Pilot Institute T-shirt or Long Sleeve T:
- Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online.
- Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation.
- Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners.
- Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills.
- Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course.
#remoteid #faa #drones